TERI University Library
The TERI University library supports the university's academic and research programmes by meeting the information requirements of students, Ph.D. scholars, researchers, faculty, scientists, and institutions in India and across the world. The library’s services are offered electronically on users’ desktops, in an IT and wi-fi enabled campus.
The library exemplifies modern methods for creating, applying and utilizing digital information. It contributes to students, faculty and society at large by being a repository of raw information capital in areas related to the university's research and teaching. The library has the potential, capacity, and infrastructure to promote activities such as sharing and management of digital resources, distance online teaching and learning, virtual referencing, user centric digital services and fostering an environment conducive to research, teaching and learning.
The web-enabled Integrated Digital Information System
Digital resources are centrally organized and available to students, researchers, and faculty via single-window access on their desktops. It supports generation and use of information for updating knowledge regardless of form or format.The Library is equipped with the latest tools and techniques to collect, store, retrieve and disseminate information. User terminals in the library permit access to the library resources and services. The library uses bar-code technology that enables automated circulation and management of resources.
The web interface provides flexible access to several electronic books,journals, databases, TERI University Ph.D. theses, photographs, newspaper clippings and multimedia resources. It serves as a one-stop shop where users find links to digital services and resources all in one place. It is also a tool for integrating both printed and electronic resources. Services such as electronic alerts and selective dissemination of information are also available. The library uses the web-enabled digital information system as a communication tool for providing the updated information about other libraries, list of journals, CDs, links to e-resources, news about special programs, events, feedback, and information about the library.
Access to customized digital information services
To facilitate outreach, sharing of resources, and networking between libraries, the TERI University library regularly provides following specialized services, which familiarize users with the latest developments and enable sharing of knowledge:
- Information exchange programmes with overseas universities
- Linkages for resource sharing with university libraries
- Subject specific user education sessions
- Orientation programmes
E-resources of TERI University can be access through Digital Library. Information like, Catalogue Search, Compact Disc, Dissertation & Thesis, Journals (Print & Online), E-Databases, E-Documents etc. are available in Digital Library. URL:http://digitallibrary.teriuniversity.ac.in (accessible within the campus)
- Monday to Friday : 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Issue/return of books from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Saturday : 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Issue/return of books from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM>
- Sunday : 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (No issue/return of books)
The TERI University Library shall remain open on all the days except list of holidays notified by the University (http://www.teriuniversity.ac.in/list-of-holidays)
Contact us at
Mr. Ratan Jha
10, Institutional Area
Tel: +91 11 71800222 (25 lines)
Fax : 26122874
Digital information services such as:
- Subject/Syllabus/Course based customized information
- Upcoming events and opportunities offered by foreign universities.
- Access to holdings of national and international university libraries
- Websites and portals of relevance
- Tracking information for scholarships/placements/ call for papers announcements
- On-line services e.g. forthcoming talks, content alerts
- Access to online catalogues of publishers to inform new releases
- Online databases and archives of academic journals/monographs
- Electronic news, journal content alerts, forthcoming conferences, recent additions
Proactive services to reach-out:
- Talks from foreign Universities which are beneficial to students and faculty
- Library tours briefing visitors on major services provided by Library.
- Library book fairs, exhibitions, subject specific collection promotion events.
- Create awareness and promote library through personal interactions, notice boards, new arrival, forthcoming events and alert services to attract large number of users.
- Regular feedback from the faculty and students
In addition to conventional library and information services, library also provides following electronic services:
- Alert services, blogs, forthcoming events, daily news, recent additions, web articles
- Literature searches/document supply
- Customized dissemination of information
- Electronic articles and journal content-page alert services
- Reference and referral services
- Inter-library loan and Institutional Memberships covering all major libraries of Delhi
eg. American Information Centre, BCL, DELNET, DU, IIT, JNU
- Orientation programmes
- Subject specific talks, seminars, workshops
- Reprographic services
Electronic and print resources are available in following subjects:
Natural Resources, environment, sustainable development, plant biotechnology, Geoinformatics, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Regulations, Public policy and related areas
- Compact Disc
- Theses/Dissertations (Submitted by TERI University Students)
- E-journals: JSTOR/SCIENCE DIRECT /SPRINGER/OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
- E – Databases
- E-documents, E-Annual Reports, E-Books, E-Government Documents, E-Reference Collection
- In-house publications (Newsletters and Journals)
- Print journals