Contact the Faculty
Meet our faculty
- Dr Shresth Tayal Adjunct Faculty
- Mr Saurabh Bhardwaj Associate Faculty
- Dr M V Shiju Associate Professor
- Prof Suresh Jain HoD and Professor
- Prof Prateek Sharma Dean (Academic)
- Prof Arun Kansal Dean (Research and Relationships),HoD and Professor
- Dr Kamna Sachdeva Assistant Professor
- Dr Smriti Das Associate Professor
- Dr Chubamenla Jamir Assistant Professor
- Dr Anu Rani Sharma Assistant Professor
- Dr Sudipta Chatterjee HoD and Associate Professor
- Ms Ranjana Ray Chaudhuri Lecturer
- Dr Udit Soni Assistant Professor
- Dr Atul Kumar Associate Professor
- Dr Neeti Assistant Professor
- Dr Nirupam Datta Assistant Professor
This programme is intended to create a cadre of trained professionals who are equipped to deal with scientific, technological, legal, socio-economic and policy aspects related to environment and resource management. The curriculum has been designed seamlessly by integrating the concept of sustainable development in an inter-disciplinary framework with an emphasis on research and application. It addresses the growing need for professionals in society who can apply best management practices drawn from various disciplines to create innovative solutions for a sustainable future. The programme aims to develop a holistic approach to environmental and resource problems in students from diverse academic, professional and cultural backgrounds.
WHY STUDY ESRM ?
The ESRM programme is a mix of theory and practical components offered in an interdisciplinary approach with emphasis on research and application. The pedagogy of the programme includes face-to-face interactions, live case studies, field visits, theater, conferences, seminars and active use of information and communication technology. It trains students in sustainability and empowers them to become responsible global citizens.
WHY STUDY AT TERI U ?
- The TERI University started its environmental programmes by integrating sustainability issues throughout its curriculum, adopting sustainable operations, and building green facilities on campus.
- The holistic education approach employed in ESRM programme is elucidated through its education philosophy, curriculum design and pedagogy.
- The programme is unique as it integrates interdisciplinary approach using case-based examples from live projects, research assignments, global classroom teaching, interactive sessions, field visits, theater, conferences, seminars and active use of information and communication technology.
- Easy access to faculty members and researchers both at the TERI University and TERI for research discussions.
Where will the Degree Take You?
The programme provides holistic knowledge to its students, which allows them to work effectively in different industries, corporate, NGOs, academic and research organizations.
Student Participation and Achievements
- Best Research Paper Award 2014 for published article in Journal of Environmental Development: 'Assessment of inherent vulnerability of rural communities to environmental hazards in Kimsar region of Uttarakhand, India'.
- Earthian 2014 Award from Wipro's Sustainability Programme to make sustainability integral to education.
- Ms Anusheema Chakraborty, student of MSc. Environmental Studies, 2012 batch received Best Oral Presentation Award in the 13th ESRI India User Conference held in December 2012 at Noida.
The TERI University offers 2 scholarships to Indian and international students with the support from sponsors. Scholarship is offered to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a masters' programme.
Dr. Suresh Jain, HoD and Professor Department of Natural Resourcesread more
Ashish Bhardwaj, Fellow, Columbia Water Center, Centers for International Projects Trust, New Delhi (Batch 2009-11)read more
Sunil Dahiya, (Batch 2010-12)read more
Dimpy Daroch, (Batch 2009-11)read more
Pallavee Khanna, (Batch 2011-13)read more
Ankit Gupta, Junior Manager, Forest and Environment, Environment and Lease Department, Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), Jharkhand (Batch 2010-12).read more
Manshu Madan, (Batch 2009-11)read more
Grateful for the support provided by
- Department of Personnel and Training, GoI