Contact the Faculty
Meet our faculty
- Dr Rajiv Seth Pro Vice Chancellor
- Dr M V Shiju Associate Professor
- Prof Suresh Jain HoD and Professor
- Dr Sapna Narula Associate Professor
- Prof Manipadma Datta HoD and Professor
- Dr Ritika Mahajan Assistant Professor
- Prof Shri Prakash Professor
- Dr Naqui Anwer Associate Professor
- Dr Gaurav Assistant Professor
- Mr Amrithnath SB Lecturer
- Dr Montu Bose Assistant Professor
Infrastructure is the backbone of a nation's economy and tackling infrastructure problems is a key requirement for leveraging growth especially in developing economies like India. Amidst the changing global and domestic economic order, investments in infrastructure have become crucial in order to sustain the pace of economic growth. This has created a need for managers to lead and sustain organisations involved in infrastructure business.
The TERI University is the first University in the country to offer an MBA programme in infrastructure. The increasing emphasis on the infrastructure sector nowadays and the requirements of the industry necessitated a review of the existing programme. It was felt that a programme more focused on the sector would attract candidates, especially the mid- career professionals. However, fresh graduates who can demonstrate the ability to cope with the rigour of the programme can also apply.
The programme not only imparts the managerial skills in core subjects like any other conventional MBA course but also equips the students with acumen in infrastructure management by offering sectoral electives in water, energy, and urban infrastructure. The aim is to achieve a critical mass of expertise for effective management of infrastructure challenges across the country.
The revised programme is structured in a modular manner. The first year is divided into two semesters and a summer semester. The second year is intended for major project. Each of the two semesters is divided into different modules with specific focus on different aspects of the infrastructure sector. These modules are designed as stand-alone courses wherein, in addition to the regular candidates, mid-career professionals who cannot afford to stay away from work for the entire two year duration can join and get certificates of completion
Why Study Infrastructure ?
Infrastructure has been recognized by the Indian government as the engine of robust future growth of the economy. The private sector inflows in the sector have been estimated to be US$384 billion over the 12th Five-Year Plan period. Thus the Indian infrastructure industry is entering in a rejuvenated phase and would inevitably require a pool of skilled professionals to steer its path in a steady manner. We at the TERI University have risen to these challenges well in advance by offering an MBA plus programme with a specialization in infrastructure.
WHY STUDY AT TERI U ?
The MBA (Infrastructure) programme at the TERI University encompasses a comprehensive and well-structured curriculum. It provides specialized training in infrastructure service delivery, regulatory processes, and competition policy, as well as in understanding infrastructure management from technical, economic, social, legal and political perspectives.
The pedagogy is based on the principle of combining active learning with a strong conceptual understanding. It comprises classroom lectures, case studies, field visits, term papers, assignments and tutorials. A large number of guest lectures by experts, seminars and discussion forums, and role plays are also held. In particular, case studies on management issues in different infrastructure sectors are integrated into the curriculum. The minor and major projects provide students a relevant context to apply the leanings of the programme. Students are required to complete 6-8 weeks minor project in a corporate house in a functional area of their interest. Apart from this, students pursue a major research project in Semester IV, which involves students to engage in research-based live projects with various companies. These projects provide students with an opportunity to put classroom learning into perspective and focus on infrastructure challenges in the country.
Where will the Degree Take You?
The university has a dedicated placement cell, which keep the students informed about different career opportunities. Our students are already working in leading public and private sector organisations such as:
- Hindustan Petroleum
- Bharat Petroleum
- Indian Oil
- Oil India
- L & T
- India Energy Exchange
List of Visiting faculties
|S.no||Courses||Name of Faculty||Organisation||Designation|
|1||Energy Policy and Management||Dr. O P Rao||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)||Retd.Scientist|
|2||Business Communications||Mr. Vinay Sharma||Partners India||Management Consultant|
|3||Management Information System||Mr. Vinod Kumar||Microsoft||Formerly Director|
|4||Corporate Governance / Business Ethics||Dr. Santosh Pande||Nihilent Technologies Private Limited||Executive
|5||Consumer Behaviour/Brand Management||Mr. Sanjay Chandwani||Centre for Market Research & Social Development||CEO|
|6||Marketing of Services||Mr Anil Gupta||GVC Ltd.||Director|
|7||Supply Chain Management||Prof. G D Sardana||Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||Professor|
|8||Entrepreneurship Development and
|Prof. Jay Seelan||Entrpreneurship Development Institute||Professor|
|9||Customer Relationship Management||Mr Anil Gupta||GVC Ltd.||Director|
|10||Community Relationship||Ms. Kanchi Kohli||Centre for Policy Research (CPR)/ NAMATI||Legal Research Director|
Student participation and Achievements
- MBA students won the first place in annual fest 'Aashayein 2014' (Social - Business Plan Competition) conducted by and held in Goa Institute of Management, Goa. The intent of the competition was to develop practical business solutions that could empower and uplift women.
- MBA students won the third place in 'Sankalp 2014 Net Impact Case Study Competition' conducted by and held in Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi. The intent of the Sankalp challenge was to develop an innovative, feasible and a sustainable business proposal, which would be proposed to the Ministry of Rural Development and to corporate houses at IIM, Ranchi.
- MBA students organized the Annual Student conclave, PRAVAAH '14 to bring out original ideas and to ignite young undergraduate minds in areas of Business Ethics and Sustainable Development through a paper presentation and debate.
- MBA students organized the First Annual HR Conclave, ABHIMANTH 2014, for the executives of various companies with an objective of gaining HR perspective on Sustainability.
- Nine MBA (Business Sustainability) and (Infrastructure) students attended and won the debate on the importance of National Voluntary Guidelines and BRR and their role in promoting responsibility and accountability among Indian businesses organized by Business and Community Foundation. The programme was held in partnership with the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, supported by GIZ at the India International Centre Annexe in New Delhi, 2014.
- MBA students won ACARA Challenge 2011 (International Social- Business Plan Competition) conducted by University of Minnesota, USA. They won Rs. 2 Lakh for conceptualizing the first ever waterless community sanitation solution for urban slum dwellers in India.
- MBA student co-founded 'Youth for a Cause' - an international network across India, Australia, USA, in 2008 aiming at evolving sustainable solutions for various socio-environmental problems across the world through discussion among youth at a global level.
- MBA students conducted the First Mahindra and Mahindra Sustainability Challenge Quiz for executives of Mahindra and Mahindra in 2011.
- Students became runners-up in Inter-university Chess Competition in 2010.