IT Infrastructure at TERI University
All buildings, including the hostels, faculty block, academic block, computer
centre, and the library, are connected through a fast ethernet-switched
network. All classrooms are networked and are equipped with high resolution
LCD projection systems.
The computer and geoinformatics laboratories provide access to a variety of specialized software like ArcGIS, TRANSYS, MATLAB and STATA which helps the students and the faculty to carry out their research projects. For distance learning and e-learning, the university has set up a high-definition video-conferencing system and media laboratory equipped with a high-definition camera and output devices for lecture recording, archiving, and web-streaming.
Faculty and students can access a large number of online journals and digital resources through the digital library maintained and subscribed by the university.
Each student is given a unique username and password, which gives them access to the centralized file and data-sharing system, enabling them to archive and share the information internally. Students are provided with individual POP3 email Ids for communication. The email accounts can be accessed even outside the campus via web mail or by using any POP3 client. There is an active IT helpdesk for technical support to students and faculty.
- WiFi-enabled campus.
- High-resolution LCD projection system with audio and video systems in each classroom.
- Two computer laboratories and a geoinformatics laboratory equipped with latest configuration of core2duo based desktop PCs, providing access to a variety of specialized software.
- A high-definition video-conferencing system and media laboratory with the latest audio and video mixer, HD robotic camera, and web-streaming facility.
- Centralized file, print and resource-sharing system for sharing data internally.
- Allotment of individual POP3 email Ids to each student for seamless communication. The email accounts can be accessed from anywhere via web mail or by using any POP3 client.
- Active IT helpdesk for technical support to students and faculty.