Contact the Faculty
Meet our faculty
The M. Tech programme in Water Resources Engineering and Management offered by the Department of Regional Water Studies integrates engineering and technological principles with socio-economic perspectives. Interdisciplinary in its scope and objectives, the programme aims to train young graduates and professionals into water leaders who can provide with multi-faceted perspectives on water related issues rather than just technical ones, thereby contributing to development of both technical insights and policy prescriptions along with effective implementation.
WHY M. TECH WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT ?
Water for several decades has been viewed from an engineering lens and its management has primarily been through technological interventions. This approach has distanced people who traditionally look on the responsibility to manage water from assuming ownership for the resource. The growing concerns around water and the need to adopt a triple bottom line approach to managing the resource has thus led to adopting an inclusive and integrated approach to water management. The courses that are taught as part of the M. Tech programme in Water Resources Engineering and Management thus range from technical to socio-economic ones. A student pursuing M. Tech programme in Water Resources Engineering and Management is sure to have a first mover advantage in the integrated water management arena.
WHY STUDY AT TERI U ?
The TERI University is known for its dedicated research orientation, knowledge of sustainable development and policy formulation, and multi-disciplinary approach to solving problems. The TERI University actively addresses gaps in a holistic manner in the field of water and natural sciences, public policy, sustainable development and governance.
- Relevant to both fresh graduates as well as working professionals. A student can choose a two-year M.Tech./M.Sc. degree or can exit after the first semester with a PG certificate or can exit after one year with a PG Diploma.
- Provides unique opportunities for students of various nationalities to come together, interact and develop a common perspective and understanding on water.
- Field exposures to develop problem solving skills and shortening of learning curve to become a much sought after professional.
- Inherent interest from organizations of repute to engage with students and researchers
- The programme will be internationally prominent in near future. There is already significant progress in establishing tie-ups with a number of organizations having interest in water issues for fellowships, internships, knowledge partnerships etc.
Where will the Degree Take You?
The water sector is on the brink of change, with greater push for water security and sustainability. Emerging economies are investing heavily in water sector and businesses are realizing that sustainable water use is not only good for the environment but also for their bottom line. The students pursuing this programmes are trained specifically for successfully taking up diverse and well rewarding opportunities that are emerging in corporate sectors, water utilities, government departments, donor agencies, NGOs and research institutions, along with joining the band of water-entrepreneurs working passionately for the cause of water availability, affordability and accessibility.
Solidaridad, Dhan Foundation, Navjyoti Foundation, TATA Trust, TERI, GE, Global Hydrogeological Solutions, NIUA, QCI, CSE, Citizen Consumer and Civic Action Group, NSC.
- Annual Event of the Department – SWASH (Save Water and Save Humanity).
- Seminar Series on various aspects of water management organized by the department.
- Workshops and Conferences organized by different Government agencies like MoWR, NITI Aayog, CGWB, CSMRS etc. and other organizations.
- Projects undertaken by the department.
- Co-curricular activities organized by the University.
- Paper presentation at conferences of repute.