Contact the Faculty
Meet our faculty
This is a twenty weeks program, offered in a semester. This certificate course is designed to provide students the knowledge and skills needed for entry-level employment opportunities in the energy conservation and efficiency sector. The course gives you a broader understanding of the scientific, economic and political context of the energy industry and infrastructure.
WHY STUDY CEIE ?
What is the relationship between conventional energy infrastructure and energy conservation? How does a better relationship lead to achieve energy security and sustainable growth? This course will answer these complex questions. In this programme you will explore:
- The conventional energy infrastructure for extraction and utilization of conventional energy sources like coal, oil and natural gas, nuclear and hydro.
- The basic engineering principles and that acts as the foundation of the energy sector e.g. heat work and thermodynamics.
- How infrastructure supports the conventional energy system and its technologies
- Various energy consuming thermal and electrical services common to most of the industry
- Energy saving opportunities and their quantitative assessment in the generation equipment, supply lines and application units of these services.
- Energy auditing techniques and methodology