Contact the Faculty
Meet our faculty
- Dr Shresth Tayal Adjunct Faculty
- Prof Suresh Jain HoD and Professor
- Prof Prateek Sharma Dean (Academic)
- Prof Arun Kansal Dean (Research and Relationships),HoD and Professor
- Dr Sudipta Chatterjee HoD and Associate Professor
- Ms Ranjana Ray Chaudhuri Lecturer
- Ms Fawzia Tarannum Lecturer
- Dr Rinki Deo Assistant Professor
- Dr Nirupam Datta Assistant Professor
- Dr Swarup Dutta Assistant Professor
The M.Sc. programme in Water Science and Governance is an interdisciplinary program with special emphasis on development of social, economic, institutional and governance perspectives. The objective of the programme is to create water professionals equipped to examine water issues in a trans-boundary and cross-cultural framework transcending environmental, social, economic and legal discourses.
WHY M.Sc Water Science and Governance ?
Water is no longer an easily accessible and free resource because of its indiscriminate use. Rather than looking at it as just a technical issue, time has come to go back to the roots and look at water related issues from a social, economic, environmental, legal as well as gender and equity perspectives. A student pursuing M.Sc. programme in Water Science and Governance is sure to have a first mover advantage in the contemporary water management institutional and governance interface.
WHY STUDY AT TERI SAS ?
The TERI SAS is known for its dedicated research orientation, knowledge of sustainable development and policy formulation, and multi-disciplinary approach to solving problems. The TERI SAS actively addresses gaps in a holistic manner in the field of water and natural sciences, public policy, sustainable development and governance.
- Relevant to both fresh graduates as well as working professionals. A student can choose a two-year M.Tech./M.Sc. degree or can exit after the first semester with a PG certificate or can exit after one year with a PG Diploma.
- Provides unique opportunities for students of various nationalities to come together, interact and develop a common perspective and understanding on water.
- Field exposures to develop problem solving skills and shortening of learning curve to become a much sought after professional.
- Inherent interest from organizations of repute to engage with students and researchers
- The programme will be internationally prominent in near future. There is already significant progress in establishing tie-ups with a number of organizations having interest in water issues for fellowships, internships, knowledge partnerships etc.
Where will the Degree Take You?
The water sector is on the brink of change, with greater push for water security and sustainability. Emerging economies are investing heavily in water sector and businesses are realizing that sustainable water use is not only good for the environment but also for their bottom line. The students pursuing this programme are trained specifically for successfully taking up diverse and well rewarding opportunities that are emerging in corporates, water utilities, government departments, donor agencies, NGOs and research institutions, along with joining the band of water-entrepreneurs working passionately for the cause of water availability, affordability and accessibility.
Solidaridad, Dhan Foundation, Navjyoti Foundation, TATA Trust, TERI, GE, Global Hydrogeological Solutions, NIUA, QCI, CSE, Citizen Consumer and Civic Action Group, NSC.
- Annual Event of the Department – SWASH (Save Water and Save Humanity).
- Seminar Series on various aspects of water management organized by the department.
- Workshops and Conferences organized by different Government agencies like MoWR, NITI Aayog, CGWB, CSMRS etc. and other organizations.
- Projects undertaken by the department.
- Co-curricular activities organized by the University.
- Paper presentation at conferences of repute.