Contact the Faculty
Meet our faculty
- Dr Shresth Tayal Adjunct Faculty
- Dr Navarun Varma Adjunct Faculty
- Prof Suresh Jain HoD and Professor
- Prof Prateek Sharma Dean (Academic)
- Prof Arun Kansal Dean (Research and Relationships),HoD and Professor
- Dr Sudipta Chatterjee HoD and Associate Professor
- Ms Ranjana Ray Chaudhuri Lecturer
- Ms Fawzia Tarannum Lecturer
- Dr Neeti Assistant Professor
- Dr Rinki Deo Assistant Professor
- Dr Nirupam Datta Assistant Professor
- Dr Swarup Dutta Assistant Professor
- Ms Deepty Jain Lecturer
- Dr Jami Hossain Professor
MTech in Water Science and Governance offered by the Department of Regional Water Studies at the TERI University is an interdisciplinary programme developed to integrate engineering and technology centric approach to water management with socio-economic approach. The objective of this programme is to create water leaders who are able to view water issues holistically and take on an integrated approach to managing water systems. The unique blend of taught courses, field trips and internships undertaken by the students as part of the programme exposes them to real –time work environment and equips them with practical skills required to make them industry ready.
WHY MTech Water Science and Governance ?
Water for several decades has been viewed from an engineering lens and its management has primarily been through technological interventions. This approach has distanced people who traditionally took on the responsibility to manage water from assuming ownership for the resource. The growing concerns around water and the need to adopt a triple bottom line approach to managing the resource has thus led to adopting an inclusive and integrated approach to water management. The courses that are taught as part of the MTech Water Science and Governance Programme thus range from technical i.e., hydrology, modeling, water quality, hydraulics, geo-informatics to social, economic, legal and traditional systems. Thus, a student undergoing an MTech programme in Water Science and Governance is sure to have a first mover advantage in the Integrated Water Management arena.
WHY STUDY AT TERI U ?
The TERI University is known for its dedicated research orientation, knowledge of sustainable development and policy formulation, and multi-disciplinary approach to solving problems. The TERI University actively addresses gaps in a holistic manner in the field of water and natural sciences, public policy, sustainable development and governance.
- Relevant to both fresh graduates as well as working professionals. A student can choose a two year M.Tech/M.Sc. degree or can exit after the first semester with a PG certificate or can exit after one year with a PG Diploma.
- Provides unique opportunities for students of various nationalities to come together, interact and develop a common perspective and understanding on water.
- Field exposures to develop problem solving skills and shortening of learning curve to become a much sought after professional.
- Inherent interest from organizations of repute to engage with students and researchers
- The programme will be internationally prominent in near future. There is already significant progress in establishing tie-ups with a number of organizations having interest in water issues for fellowships, internships, knowledge partnerships etc.
Some of the ongoing research projects of WSG programme are as under:
- Socio-ecological metabolism study for urban water planning: a case study of Delhi. In collaboration with University of Toronto, Canada. Funded by Enel Foundation.
- Strengthening water and sanitation in urban settings. In collaboration with TERI, Coca-Cola and some NGOs.
- Understanding decentralized energy interventions and their success conditions in select countries of Asia - Pacific. In collaboration with Tongji University, China; AIT, Thailand; University of Gahdah Madha, Indonesia.
Where will the Degree Take You?
The water market is on the brink of change, and the push for greater water security and sustainability has increased over the past decade. Emerging markets are investing heavily in water sector and companies are realizing that sustainable water use is not only good for the environment — it is also good for their bottom line. The students of this programme are moulded and equipped to take up jobs in corporate houses, water industry, government departments, donor agencies, NGOs and research institutions, or join the band of entrepreneurs passionately working for the cause of water availability, affordability and accessibility.
Student Participation / Events
Students organize events on World Water Day annually and participate in prestigious events organized by the TERI University. They are encouraged to submit scientific papers in conferences and journals.
Scholarships and International Students
Prestigious scholarships shall be offered every year to deserving students in order to encourage research in water sectors.