Dean (Research and Relationships)
HoD and Professor,
Department of Regional Water Studies
Prof. Arun Kansal is Dean (Research and Relationships) TERI University, India and a visiting Professor in `Natural Science? at University of Derby, UK. He received his Ph D in Environmental Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi after completing his M.Tech and B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering. He has over 20 years of research/consultancy/teaching experience in the areas of water resource management, waste management with a focus on resource recovery and recycling, urban environment, and energy- environment - climate linkages. He is a recipient of Best Teacher Award from GGS Indraprastha University, India; Best Research Paper Award from Indian Water Works Association, and has received the Roll of Honor by TERI. In his academic career, Prof Kansal has been a visiting Professor (as ICCR Chair Professor from Government of India) to Freie University, Berlin, Germany during 2010-11, an Honorary Senior Research Fellow at the University of Birmingham, UK (2011-14), Visiting Professor at the University of Derby in Natural Sciences (2015-2018) and Key Technology Partner Visiting Fellow at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia. He also served as a Lead Author for IPCC 5th Assessment Report WGIII.
Honors and Awards- Visiting Professor in Natural Sciences, University of Derby, United Kingdom (2015-18).
- Lead Author IPCC AR5 WGIII.
- Honorary Senior Research Fellow, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom (2011-14).
- Roll of Honor for Research by TERI, New Delhi in 2011-12.
- ICCR Chair Professor to Freie University, Berlin, Germany (October 2010 - Feb 2011).
- TREE fellowship from Renewables Academy, Germany, for course on Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency for Decision Makers.
- I S Kenchareddy prize from `Indian Water Works Association? for publication of best research paper in the year 1996.
- Best Teacher Award from GGS Indraprastha University in recognition of dedicated & outstanding services towards promoting the cause of teaching profession during the year 2000-2001.
Selected PublicationsAccounting energy use and GHG emissions for urban wastewater infrastructure
Singh P. and Kansal A*
Jr Resource Conservation and Recycling,
Implications of end-user behaviour in response to deficiencies in water supply for electricity consumption ? a case study of Delhi
Ghosh R, Kansal A* and Aghi S
Journal of Hydrology,
The need to ratchet
Srivastava L and Kansal A
Energy and carbon footprints of sewage treatment methods.
Singh P., Kansal A., Marque C.C.
Jr of Environmental Management.,
Energy and Material flows of megacities. PNAS 112(19), 5985-5990
Kennedy C A,..Kansal A et al.