HoD and Professor,
Department of Energy and Environment
Dr. Suresh Jain is Professor and Head, Department of Energy and Environment, TERI University, New Delhi. He had received his Ph.D. degree in air quality modelling for urban transport emissions from Civil Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and Master in Technology in the area of Environmental Engineering and Management from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India. He had received DAAD scholarship during his master?s degree and he worked on human health and ecological risk assessment at University of Stuttgart, Germany from May 2000 to February 2001.
Honors and Awards1. Commonwealth Professional Fellow by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, UK ? 2016-17.
2. Best Research Paper Award (Runner-up) 2014 for published article in Journal of Environmental Development: `Assessment of inherent vulnerability of rural communities to environmental hazards in Kimsar region of Uttarakhand, India.
3. KTP-Visiting Fellow, UTS, Sydney, Australia, October 2014.
4. Won earthian-2013 award given by Wipro as a part of sustainability program
5. TERI - Role of Honor award for outstanding performance in the growth of Institution in the year 2012-13.
6. Renewables Academy, TREE Project fellowship during 2nd to 6th February 2009.
7. University Grant Commission-National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) in Environmental Sciences, December 2003
8. UGC-NET with Junior Research Fellow in Environmental Sciences for Ph.D., December 2002.
9. Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE), 2000
10. DAAD Stipendium from Germany during 14thMay, 2001 to 28thFeb, 2002.
11. Second prize for oral paper presentation at National Seminar on Emerging Environmental Issues and Technological Challenges, 01-02 September 2003.
Selected PublicationsAssessment of carbon neutrality and sustainability in educational campuses (CaNSEC): A general framework
Jain, S., Agarwal, A., Jani, V., Singhal, S., Sharma, P., Jalan, R.
Determinants of respiratory and cardiovascular health impacts of traffic policemen: A perception based comparative analysis.
Bajaj, N., Sharma, T., Suneja, D., Jain, S., Kumar, P.,
Journal of Transport & Health,
Environmental life cycle assessment of edible oils: A review of current knowledge and future research challenges
Khatri, P., Jain, S.,
Journal of Cleaner Production,
Exposure to in-vehicle respirable particulate matter in passenger vehicles under different ventilation conditions and seasons
Journal of Sustainable Environment Research,
A reviewofchronologicaldevelopmentincookstoveassessment methods: Challengesandwayforward
Arora, P., Jain, S.