Events @ TERI University
REtopia 2017: "21st Century Energy Renaissance through Renewables"
|Venue : TERI University|
|Date : 22-23 September 2017|
SummaryThe department of Energy and Environment of TERI University is organizing the 7th edition of REtopia, the annual technical symposium, at the TERI University campus on 22nd and 23rd of September, 2017 around the theme "21st Century Energy Renaissance through Renewables". REtopia was started by students from M.Tech. Renewable Energy Engineering and Management (REEM) of the Department of Energy and Environment at TERI University in the year 2011 as an annual technical conclave. The goal of this event is to bring together academicians, industry leaders, and visionaries on one platform to share the best practices and explore the extended role that clean energy can play in the power industry and commercial sectors in our country. The Chief Guest of REtopia 2017 is Mr. Junaid Kamal Ahmad, India Country Director, South Asia, World Bank.
REtopia is one of the prestigious fests of the university portraying successfully a variety of renewable energy opportunities, challenges and possible remedies, motivated by a variety of factors, to address the various components of RE integration into the energy system. It provides a platform for experts from various prospects, students and aspirants of RE, developers and researchers, industrialists, stake holders, policy makers and academicians.
Key Events in REtopia 2017
1. EXPERT SESSIONS
2. UDAAN - Ideas of Change
3. PARIKALPANA - Renewable Energy Design Challenge
4. YUKTI - Troubleshooting Renewable Energy Problems
5. SUCHNA - Photography Competition
6. DRISHTIKON - Poster Presentation
7. Dhwani - Group Discussion and Debate
List of Speakers in REtopia 2017
1. Dr. Junaid Ahmad, India Country Director, World Bank
2. Mr. Sunil Kumar Soonee, Advisor, Power System Operation Corporation Ltd. (POSOCO)
3. Dr. Ravi Segal, Business Leader, India, ASEAN, China,Energy Consulting, India, GE Power
4. Dr. Rajib Kumar Mishra, Director (Marketing and Business Development), PTC India Ltd.
5. Mr. Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, Managing Director, CLP India Pvt. Ltd.
6. Mr. H. C. Vinayaka, General Manager (Technical & Sustainability), ITC Hotels
7. Ms. Pooja Shukla, Senior Manager (Technical), Green Business Certification Institute (GBCI) Pvt. Ltd, India
8. Dr. Ajay Mathur, Director General, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
9. Mr. Binish Desai, Founder & Chairman, Eco-Eclectic Technologies, BDream Group
10. Mr. Kapil Mandawewala, Founder & CEO, Edible Routes
11. Mr. Sandeep Pandey, Co-Founder & CEO, Mera Gao Power
Registration fee: INR 100 (One-day), INR 200 (Two-Day), fee exemption for TERI University students
Accommodation: Contact event coordinators for more details
Meals: All meals during the even duration will be covered for participants only.
For registration, please click here
Sahana L - email@example.com
Soudipan Maity - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramnath Satpute - email@example.com
BIOTIKOS 2017 "TRENDS IN NANBIOTECHNOLOGY"
|Venue : TERI University|
|Date : 28-29 September 2017|
TERI University Biotechnology Society is organizing an event on 28th-29th September 2017. The theme of the event is "TRENDS IN NANOBIOTECHNOLOGY". The objective of TERI University Biotechnology Society (TUBS) is to highlight the important role played by biotechnology in the modern society, and its relevance to the contemporary imperative of sustainable development. Biotikos 2017 is being organized by the students and faculty Department of Plant Biotechnology, TERI University, to discuss and debate the promises and challenges of Nanobiotechnology. The proposed event is aimed at enlightening science undergraduates/post-graduate students and teachers about the upcoming areas in Nanobiotechnology and its applications in different scientific fields. Nanobiotechnology is growing as an independent discipline and it is adding a new dimension for the growth of biotechnology Perhaps, nanobiotechnology is most revolutionary and multidisciplinary field of modern science and has great impact on society through various applications in medical, imaging and sensor development. Nanobiotechnology, with the help of medical and biotechnological tools, has been used to diagnose, image and deliver the drug to target cells. In multifunctional therapeutics, it offers a platform to expedite its specific targeting to tumor tissue and delivery of an effective treatment, with negligible harm to healthy cells. Nano-integrated sensors are being developed to identify the harmful microbes like Salmonella, and other contaminants on food products before packaging and intake. Nano scale bio molecules such as protein, nucleic acid and biopolymers regulate and control biological systems with incredible precision. This event includes a series of lectures, panel discussion, quiz and poster presentation across various domains of Nanobiotechnology such as nanomaterial, nanobioscience, nanomedicine, agriculture, environmental nanobiotechnology, nanobiosensors, etc.
Click here to register