Area- Environmental Laws/Business and Infrastructure Laws
- An outstanding academic record with a Ph. D. in Law preferably on a topic related to environmental law or business/infrastructure law; LL. M. from a reputed institution; and an advance knowledge of subjects related to environment and infrastructure. In addition, a minimum teaching/research experience of five years is required in the case of Associate Professor. He/She should be able to demonstrate scholarship in terms of peer reviewed publications, conceptualizing and undertaking sponsored research, educational motivation and design of new courses and curricula.
- The person will be expected to contribute to teaching in courses related to master’s level programmes of the University. He/She would be required to conduct academic and sponsored research, supervise masters and doctoral theses work and effectively work in an inter-disciplinary environment.
Interested candidates should apply online
"Apply under department of Policy Studies"
PhD positions at SMB laboratory, TU-DBT
The research group ‘Structural and Molecular Biology’ at the Department of Biotechnology, TERI University invites applicants for PhD positions.
Selected candidates will work on proteins involved in synthesis and processing of mycolic acids in Mycobacterium tuberculosis and/or resistance mechanisms adapted by pathogenic microbes (Helicobacter pylori, M. tuberculosis, Streptococcus pneumonia), biofilm formation by pathogens under the guidance of Dr.Chaithanya Madhurantakam (Ramalingaswamy fellow).
Eligibility Criteria: Aspiring candidates should have a Master or an equivalent degree in Biochemistry/ Chemistry/ Biophysics/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences and interested in pursuing their career in Structural Biology.
Preference will be given only to candidates with CSIR/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST/ UGC fellowships or students who can self-sponsor.
Deadline: 31st March 2017
Application Process: We request you to send in your application through portal link: http://www.teriuniversity.ac.in/phd/phdapplication.php
You may provide a SOP and a small project write up that you envisage in SMB laboratory (Department of Biotechnology)
Post-doctoral fellow/Research Associate under the National Post-doctoral
Fellowship (N-PDF) programme:
This is an opportunity for post-doctoral scholars in microbiology/microbial pathogenesis (laboratory- and/or informatics-based) desirous of pursuing a pathway to research independence.
Note that TERI University is a private, deemed university, and does not financially sponsor any post-doctoral fellowship scheme. Rather, TERI University will be designated as the host institution for selected candidate(s), based on the evaluation of their credentials and potential.
Initial enquiries will be screened, and selected candidates will be directed to set up a telephonic appointment with Dr.Ramakrishnan Sitaraman, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, TERI University. The candidate is expected to formulate a research plan for consideration under the National Post-doctoral Fellowship Scheme, Science and Engineering Research Board(SERB), Government of India see:(http://www.serb.gov.in/npdf.php). If the associateship is awarded, the proposed research will be operationalized in the Department of Biotechnology at TERI University as per the terms of the award.
TERI University also reserves the right to decide against supporting any applications.
Applications not adhering to the above instructions will not be considered.
Doctoral degree in engineering or in the sciences.
Initial inquiries – February 28, 3017
Telephonic interviews – March, 2017 (tentative)
Submitting application to SERB after obtaining endorsement/approval from
TERI University – April, 2017
Position :. Senior Research Fellow (SRF) position for Long Term Ecological Monitoring (LTEM) component in Coal India Project Suggested scope of work for Senior Research Fellow (LTEM)
Job Title: SRF, LTEM
Duration: 1 Year
Reporting to: Reporting to the team lead for all the aspect of the project
The scope of work involves field data collection, literature research, interaction with various stakeholders relevant to the mining sector, preparing reports, summaries, research articles, data entry and analysis and field visit to the study site in connection with setting up of a Long Term Ecological Monitoring (LTEM) at the Project Site at Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
The SRF will report all the findings and observations to the PI on time.
- The applicant must be a post graduate (M.Sc.) in Natural Resource Management / Environmental Sciences/ Biodiversity and Conservation with proficiency in data sampling, data interpretation, data analysis and report writing.
- Must be proficient in MS-Excel, SPSS and should have good command over languages English and Hindi.
- Must be capable of going to the field for data collection in the remote project sites in the coal mines of Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Experience of wildlife bio-monitoring techniques, soil testing, water testing and heavy metal testing.
- Must have knowledge of GIS and Remote sensing techniques.
- At-least 2 years of experience in monitoring of biodiversity projects
Terms of Reference::
- SRF shall propose a framework of the collection of data for the LTEM through extensive literature survey.
- SRF shall coordinate and conduct studies related to monitoring of the biological and physical parameters at the site .
- SRF shall look into the historical legacies of land use and biotic conditions that interact with long-term environmental change for the study site.
- SRF shall work towards building conceptual models for LTEM
- SRF shall study laws, policies, rules and management related to long term ecological monitoring.
- SRF shall digitize the areas of interest for LTEM from the project site using geospatial techniques.
- SRF shall help the project team in any other activity related to the project as and when requested by the PI of the project.
The project requires intensive travel to remote locations in the state of Jharkhand.