Activities and Homecomings
In keeping with the aforesaid vision TAA has planned to undertake the following activities:
- Formulating and executing activities that benefit the institute as well as the Alumni.
- Bringing out a biannual alumni newsletter as a medium of communication between the alumni and the institute.
- Organizing get-togethers and trips at various venues for active interaction between the members of the Alumni.
- Producing souvenirs for the Alumni.
Alumni Meet 2016
Reminiscence, TERI University’s Annual Alumni Meet was held on a perfect Sunday morning (6th March), marked by some drizzle and gentle little breeze. The event was a day-long extravaganza, attended with a lot of joy by the University’s alumni, current students, university staff and faculty members.
The current students installed kiosks under different ideas and themes dealing with sustainability issues, which engaged the alumni. The purpose of the Meet was to foster interactions amongst the students and to facilitate understanding of the job prospects a graduate from TERI University would have.
The event was inaugurated with a welcome address by Dr Leena Srivastava, Vice Chancellor; followed by Dr Rajiv Seth, Pro-Vice Chancellor and Captain Pradeep Padhy (Retired), Registrar. The event began with an interactive quiz session with the alumni followed by alumni recollecting and sharing their memories. The alumni association president, Mr Ashish Nandan expressed the idea of getting the association officially registered and increase the size of its office bearer’s strength. The idea was well-received with unanimous support by everyone. Eventually, a round of discussions commenced with finally making way for elections. Four new alumni were elected to the board out of the eight members who contested.
The day was interspersed with a variety of cultural performances ranging from Bollywood dances to music performances. The alumni association secretary, Mr Sandeep Swain concluded the day by delivering the vote-of the thanks. The event marked another milestone in TERI University’s record book.
TAA is a registered society under Societies Registration Act.
General Body of TAA/Membership:- The General Body consists of the following Members:-
- (a) Life Members - All students who have successfully obtained any Degree/Diploma from the TU.
- (b) Staff Members - Any ex-staff member who has worked on a regular basis may opt to become a Member.
- (c) Others- Any ex-student or ex-staff member who does not fulfill the above condition may on recommendation of the Executive Committee be admitted to the Association on payment of the appropriate fee.
-The General body meets at least once in a year at the Annual General Body Meeting (AGM). -The Membership Fee for all members are decided by mutual discussion between TU & TAA. At present no fee is levied on members.
Executive Committee(EC) of TAA :- The executive authority of the association.
- (i) The Vice Chancellor: Dr Leena Srivastava - Chairperson
- (ii) Distinguished Alumni: (Vacant) - Vice Chairperson
- (iii) VC Nominee : Dr Ranjana Ray Chaudhury - Member
- (iv) The immediate Past President (who has completed 03 yrs in EC): Mr Jay Kumar Gaurav - Non voting member
- (v) Six Alumni elected by AGM for a 03 year term - Members:-
|Name||Academic Programmes||Batch||Email ID||Current Organisation Name||Designation||Elected Member of EC Upto|
N.B President and secretary are elected for a period of one year by elected member of the Executive Committee from amongst six members elected by Annual General Body Meeting.
The alumni association was set up with the vision to instill a lifelong commitment among the alumni towards the Alma mater and to promote a strong student-alumni connect and attract the alumni to University services like facilitating scholarship funds to help needy and deserving students of TERI University, felicitating outstanding project work and research papers and recognizing notable community service.
Alumni Association Office
Plot No. 10, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi- 110070 India
Jai Kumar Gaurav
Alumni, TERI University